Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Results 71 to 76 of 76

Thread: alright forum snoops

  1. #71
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: alright forum snoops

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While I agree with you in principle, there are others who get hurt by printing names in the paper...they are the close relatives of the people, especially their children. These are merely indictments, and not convictions. Printing the names presents a stigma to be faced by the friends, family, and children of these people...and I just think it's unfair to subject them to the humiliation the supposed offenders are subjected to...especially when the named haven't been convicted of anything yet. It's just not the way to go IMO. </div></div>The public should be in formed of what goes on in their society.

    If someone in my family does something wrong and stupid--which has happened and no I won't mention what--then it won't be putting their name in the paper that will bother me. It has been people bothering me about it and judging my family. Back near the end of my fifth grade year, my sister was involved in something. I got to where I couldn't ride the bus home anymore without people harassing me about it after. I would get into arguments with people and they would say "well at least a member of my family didn't do that." when the argument had nothing to do with that. The day that the cat came out of the bag about it, I got real upset because people were asking me questions and telling me things that happened that didn't even come close to happening in the true version of it. And we went and told the principal about it and had a stop put to it. The student on the bus who spoke up to someone in my family about how people treated me over it was one of the main people harassing me.

    I'm not really against having these happenings put in the paper about stuff like that. The only part that will bother me is how people treat the family and the rumors that are far from the truth.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  2. #72
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: alright forum snoops

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who said anything about an 8 year old reading the indictments?...In the communities we live in, all people want to do is gossip to begin with. That gossip filters down and eventually the 8 year old is at school listenting to and absorbing teasing and ridicule. You are so dense sometimes. </div></div>

    I thought thats what you were implying, I misread it...everybody does it on here....think before you use dense as referring to someone misreading something

  3. #73
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: alright forum snoops

    I did think....and upon further review of 99% of your posts, I chose dense.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #74
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: alright forum snoops

    Well quite a few times I have agreed with you on subjects...hmm what does that say?

    And dont say its that 1%

  5. #75
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: alright forum snoops

    You guessed it.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  6. #76
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: alright forum snoops

    Yeah figures

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •